23 Sept 2026

Has it really been 10 months...?

I am not surprised that it has taken so long for me to post - it has been an eventful 2026 so far, and it keeps getting more eventful! I will try to break this up into a few smaller posts rather than one huge one.


Wendy and I did take an all inclusive vacation in February to Playa del Carmen (Mexico) with our friends Terry and Theresa. It was a great time and the warmth helped to buffer the cold weather at home.




A white-nosed coati - like a racoon.

The view from our room (Cozumel is across the water)

Tulum ruins



While we were away, my father ended up in hospital in Winnipeg and had an emergency surgery.  It took a lot out of him. Back home to Dundas, the remains of the winter hung on for a while, but eventually it warmed up.


Later in March, I had an emergency surgery to take out my gallbladder. I kind of missed the end of the academic term, as some side effects caused problems that would take another surgery in May to correct.

Ruby loves her sticks and enjoys being outside

Wendy took a trip to Manitoba to help my 94 year old father move from his house to a senior's apartment. She stayed a few days with him to ease the transition. 


While Wendy was away, we partied!


We got a new furnace in April (3rd furnace since we bought the house!) and added a heat pump to replace the air conditioner. 



The biggest event of the year so far was Wendy's retirement on April 25th!! After close to 35 years at the hospital, it was time to hand it off to the younger generations.





Wendy will miss her team!





No comments:

Post a Comment