20 Feb 2014

An interesting day...

Although I didn't win roll up the rim to brighten up my typical Thursday, it actually turned out to be quite an interesting day today.

First,  I got to watch some of the Canadian women's gold medal win (actually the first time I watched a medal ceremony this Olympics)! Hoping for a repeat by the men tomorrow.

Second,  Wendy started piano lessons at the Dundas Conservatory (just before Parker's weekly lesson). A good lesson but Parker was the only one to get invited to perform at a recital next month...

Third,  Maddy turned 3 years old,  so we gave her a little taste of ice cream to celebrate. Still our baby,  but growing up so fast!


Fourth,  I almost completed my big stained glass project (the one Wendy has wanted me to make for over a couple of years).  I just need to clean it up a little then I'll take some photos to show everyone.  We are going to hang it as a show piece in our new kitchen.

Finally, it snowed AGAIN! It was supposed to rain up to 50 mm,  but it decided to start as snow. All at once.   If that wasn't special enough,  it also was foggy for a while. When we thought it couldn't get any better,  it started into the thunder and lightning! Can't remember the last time it snowed and thundered at the same time,  but Parker was sure impressed (he even tweeted about this event,  so he says).

Hope Friday will turn out to be just as uneventful!


No comments:

Post a Comment