29 Jun 2019

Conference in NOLA!

I took a very quick trip to New Orleans for a teaching professor conference and was happy to be on the 49th (and top) floor of the hotel. Great view of the river where cruise ships come in.


The thing to do, no matter how hot (about 95F) was to walk along Bourbon St. - and that is what I did! You can drink openly on the streets in New Orleans and the bars apparently do not close at night. Maybe that is when it is the coolest out...?

This guy was selling for someone in a little closet next to the road. They sold beer in glass goldfish bowls... with a straw. 


Favourite view from my room!
 The conference was great and the people were interesting to talk with. Yes, it was called "The Teaching Professor Conference". Pretty clear and to the point, no?
 The second night after the conference saw the city gear up for what appeared to be the second biggest parade of the year (after Mardi Gras). The annual Gay Pride parade was unbelievably fun, although it was about 96F at 8pm before the parade began. Everyone was having fun and the city was well prepared for the parade. Below are a few of the scenes from the street.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sHK2Pzi4Puw8HSkG6 



I was melted...
I was so hot, I went to get a slushie prior to the first float (pina colada). And no, these were not your 7-Eleven slushies. One thing I can't figure out, though, is how I ended up getting glitter under my shirt when I took it off back at the hotel...




If the video doesn't work or you would like to see a few more pictures, click here for the Google Photos album from this quick trip.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8BYWDNEmLUYjuuWD9



No comments:

Post a Comment